Friday 11 March 2022

Simple Quilting Designs

 Hello Everyone,

For this small quilt top, I used only three main designs: A continuous feather going in one direction, straight lines that went through the small rectangles, and a loopy lines in the border-side.  I used the build-in walking foot on my Janome 7700 for the straight lines. For the feather, I used the free-motion foot. 

                                             Scoreboard Quilt- a smaller version from original pattern

Feather Design

Feather & Straight Lines


Cost Efficient

For the back, I used a part of a wide-backing piece from a previous quilt. And also used three stripes of batting that were cut off from a large quilt. Everything was reused for this smaller quilt. 

Finish It!

                                             
This little quilt was used to practice wavy lines and instead of leaving it in a box useless, I sewed a binding on it and now I can give it away.

I'm so glad of the progress I've done far this year, considering I started quilting in mid-December.  Now that March is here with the weather warming up outside, I will sew less and less.

With difficult days ahead of us, be inspired by your own pace in life. Don't become subject to depression, discouragement, or doubts.  Everyday is a new day and whatever you do, do it to His glory. There is enough hate,malice, and envy in this world these day, we don't need to bring it to our quiet and peaceful happy spot.


Share your love for quilting with another awesome person. Or give a quilt to a person in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...