Monday 29 March 2021

Labeling Your Quilt

It was wonderful walking outside on a springy warm day with my husband and Merlin, but some days are rather still cold and rainy or even snowy, so meanwhile, I've continued piecing or quilting some 'in progress' projects.  The meetings on zoom with the International Association Quilters is my newest attend to stay in touch with quilters, not only local but abroad. Quilters are genuinely friendly and fun to be around.  Even if the zoom meeting are interesting, it's certainly not the same as in person-meeting and I've really missed the annual quilter's retreat.  Ah, the good old days!

LABELING YOUR QUILT

Going through my recent quilts, I must admitted that I haven't sewn any labels on at least on six  quilts. When I made a label, I wrote down the bare information with a permanent fabric marker. I also embroidered my logo on the label.  

For more information how to label your quilt, check out this webpage: How to Label Your Quilt

                                                        I should labelled those ones too!

Free-Motion Challenge

  Star Cube Quilt:  I sandwiched my quilt, using the living room floor, because my tables are still in storage. It's all quilted but I'm waiting for a nice sunny day to take a picture of the finish quilt.



Last week I practiced a few new design free-motion quilting by Angela Walters. Quilting with rulers has became very popular and made quilting a notch-a -bit-fun and practiced those new design on the Star Cube.

Angela Walters' Rulers

One of my latest extravagant purchase are: Quilting Rulers!  

Before I purchased the rulers I asked myself a few questions:

  •  What are the pros and cons of investing on quilter's rulers
  • Searched which rulers would work best for my needs and sewing machine
  • Can I have free access to tutorials that will goes along with those rulers
  • Will I even use the rulers or  was this just another tool that will be left on my shelves. 
  • Reflected many months on it  and also watched different quilters with their own ruler products

 My end decision to purchase Angela Walter's quilting rulers came with a blitz of joy and satisfaction when the Amazon box arrived at my door. My poor husband has to put up with my 'energic-happy-moments- I love him for it. He endures it all! 


 Now it time to put those new tools to the test on my own sewing machine. If you want to know more about Angela Walters, she has a Free-Motion Challenge Quilt Along that used those rulers. So far I've already practice with the Slime rule on the Star Cube. 

You can learn from Angela Walter at Quilting Is My Therapy

Let's have fun with quilting, let's go Quilt! 

God bless your week;)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...