Friday 8 January 2021

Praying Woman: Stained Glass

 Winter is one of my favorite season, because I've always enjoyed walking or playing outside after a snowstorm. The snow is as white and fresh, and cold as you can get it. Yeah, don't forget the cold part too. But today it's only -4 C ( 25F). We took our daily walked in one of the parks and there are not many people walking, so we're pretty much alone in the trail.  It's so pleasant to hear the chirping of the chickadees and I'm thankful for this precious moment of quietude and peace were I can rest my thoughts in God's steadfast love; when in reality, the world around us has gone crazy. 

After our walk, we went home and warm up with a homemade soup and bread.

Praying Woman Quilt

This week I fused the bias on the background of the Praying Woman quilt, which gave that stained glass effect. Love it! It's my first attend and it was fun and easy. The bias is a bit costly, but so effective, especially for the stained glass technique. 

More I've worked my first creative design, the more I enjoyed it. My mind it already planning my next one.


 Prioritizing our project can help finishing those ones that have longer to long under our sewing table or like my Praying Woman, it's a desire and dream to finish that one sooner than later.

This is the same journal I started in 2020 and I'll be continuing using it for 2021 as there are many pages left in the notebook and it would be a waste of time to transferred all the "in progress" project into a new notebook.  This year though, I want to record my journal monthly; whatever it is 'in progress' or BOM or reworked project. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...