Tuesday 22 January 2019

Woven- Part 2

Last Thursday with a new quilting friend, we've started another Woven quilt. This one has two additional fabric, making look more woven.





Swirly blue Batik for the background, yellow, green, light pink, dark blue Batik.



It's may take GREAT restrain of your will, not to go right away to your sewing machine and finish that quilt, so you can go to the next one...and the next one.
" Oh dear, there's no end to this!!"
That's right, so why not enjoy the whole process and develop a good habits by sketching some quilting design on paper BEFORE quilting.  Yep, I'm learning too:)


 The quilting design was changed of course, but it did help me to visualise what I wanted to do.
Very simple, straight and diagonals lines. The fabric on the left with stripes if for the binding.


                                        Besides the red, all fabric was from my stash.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...