Friday 18 January 2019

New Sewing Room

I'm sorry it took so long to post anything feed on my latest quilt or blocks. A good reason is not excused for not posting at least something.  *Big sigh*

But I've to admit, I did stall my sewing on purpose for good reason. *smile*
Our new home has three bedrooms and all of them are taken.
  • Laundry room is Not an option.
  • Using my only kitchen area is not an option.
How do you set up your quilting area then, if the space is limited?  Basement area and because it has an L-shape, I opted in using that area which is also out of the view as you come into the house.  The rest of the area if for TV entertainment. 


Under the stairs, there is a long narrow storage area for my fabric.




Today, I purchased backing for three quilts and find some grey print backing,
And I've no clue for which quilt it goes with.

A slow return indeed


              I've added more pictures of my sewing room set-up


  My Juki is facing the front of the house, giving me a nicer view of the weather outside,

 I butted two adjustable tables for quilting. When I do not quilt, one is use as a cutting table.


Storage units are useful for books and sewing tools that I need to be nearby. 



And I still have room on the floor to layout my blocks.
In the far back, I've hung my white flannel as my design wall, which a present if my English Paper piecing project.  Lighting is not great,  and I'm using what is available to me at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...