Tuesday 12 December 2017

Quilt 6 -Grape Crush

With the selling market rocking up high in British Columbia, we decided to sell our house up north and moved southern of British Columbia. A temporary moved as we're planning to return east, next spring and live somewhere we can afford a home.

So with that in mind, I planned ahead, knowing I would moved not once, but twice in a very short period. Sometime our best intention to complete our quilting projects just gets out of the window, when faced with situations like this. Our quilting is just put on a long-term-break.

Again?! *rolled-eyes*

Do you pout and cried when something cannot be avoided or do you rolled-up your sleeves and plan ahead? That's exactly what I did. Rolled-up my sleeves and give myself a real Grinch smile.

This is where my Quilting Planner became super handy in determining what to pack before I moved and after we moved, I was able to go right back to my sewing without being confused at all where I left it. That's all because I wrote everything down in my Quilting Planner.  My planner has a copy of each projects with their fabric information. Anything that could help me remember what that quilt was all about.

When you're moving for a short period, or have to bring only a few projects, consider what you need with you for that time. Planning ahead shouldn't be a chore or a complicated, but fun and encouraging that you can continue your hobby wherever you go.

Here are a few things I did myself, knowing we are moving not once, but twice this year.

1.Bring what project you can finish or start.
2.Select fabrics you need for those projects.
3. Label all project and put a copy of the pattern with it.
4. Use only one sewing machine. At less try. lol REALLY!!!
5. Don't panic if you don't have enough fabric or the fabric with you, there is always a quilt store nearby.
6. Have few project at hands. Not a dozen.

Since we moved here, I sewed little, but I enjoyed it greatly when I can . That's the idea too. No stress, just fun.


Designer: Janice Prytz

 This quilt is so simple. Started with four squares to make a four-patch.


 After that, you cut a 2" from the middle seam with all side..

 That is what it look like. Now you have different pieces to play with.

           Et Voila!!


 My bed has become my design wall...for now it works. I laid all my four-patches blocks on the bed, so I can visual the whole effect. Then I squared the one that were not to be cut into pieces. I did that one row after another one. This quilt was fast and easy.


You can found her at: http://www.jansquilts.com/
Pattern download at: https://www.quiltingcompany.com/store/grape-crush-digital-pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...