Thursday 19 January 2017

Together Forever


 Last week during our share-workshop, we sewed together our final block. A simple pattern we started in September together as a group. Unfortunately, I missed too many meetings and no longer care to finish it. My interests were elsewhere. Has this never happen to you?

So you think, there are other UFOs to the list. Nope!  I decided to combine this project with another one. One project had seven blocks in green/sand Batik, the other four blocks were in the aqua colours.


My blocks are not of the same selection of fabric and blended the fabrics. I sewed my last two blocks in that combination of fabric.


It helps me to rearrange the fabrics from both projects into one happy family and eliminated the ones I wouldn't use anymore.


I sew slightly on the outside of the line I traced ( the part you cut off), instead of right over it. When I turned over the half-square it's not shortened by my seams.

I got into the habit of checking the back of my blocks when it's finished, just before I pressed it nicely flat because even if I was careful, some seams flipped over. Real betrayers!!

 It can be rectified by simply ripping one-two stitches.

Then sew over that little spot again.


I took a picture of the blocks set on my design wall, then used my EQ6 to design a quilt with sashing and borders. So next month when at the share-workshop, when everyone will be working on their shashing, I will be starting to put mine together.

I look forward to seeing this UFOs project in its completion this coming year. *laugh* Hope so.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...