Tuesday 12 March 2024

PLAY CARD #2- Quilted

The Play Card top was done on the Cutie Frame, and I kept an easy, wavy motion pattern. It doesn't take as long, even if I have to move the quilt three times to the left, repeatedly removing and unlocking the clamps. The tedious process of quilting was paired with an excellent audiobook, and voila, it's done!


I sewed the label with its essential information on the back of the quilt; otherwise, I must remember when I completed it. For the backing, I used fabric that my mother purchased at one of the manufacturers in Montreal in the late 80s. When she passed away, I brought her stash of fabric home, and I never thought I would use the butterflies' fabric for backing. There were seven yards of it! Thank You, Mom :)

                                               A close up on the wavy quilting


Isacord thread was used for the top. Aurafil in the Bobbin. Using Juki 2010 on the Cutie Frame

 

Here is the link to a previous post how this quilt made using a Jelly-Roll:

https://quilter4him.blogspot.com/2017/03/quilt-2-play-card.html

Let's Go Quilt!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...