Tuesday 26 December 2023

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas

I've continued piecing the Christmas Tree top during December while it's packed with events to attend or fellowship over a great dinner. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and new ideas for the new year.


That is only some of what I did in December. With instrumental jazz Christmas music playing, I selected fabric for the following six quilt tops. In doing so, I foresaw how much background I would need for those six quilts, and I ordered yards of tone-on-tone, hoping the fabric would be on sale, and only bought what each pattern requires.

 

Small Stash

 

I've sewed and quilted for many years with minimal fabrics. But when I joined a guild with seasoned quilters, the pressure to spend hundreds of dollars on fabric was all my fault. As a retiree, the spending urge halted.


Fabric purchased in the last 10 -20 years has to go before allowing me for newer, vibrant fabric that delights our eyes and hands.


 

From  the four FULL bins I chose the fabrics this is what was left in them.

All the small pieces of fabric are in two bins. The Christmas fabric and solid fabric are in their containers. All yardage over half-meter are folded on comic cartons. Those also have been reduced.

Do not be discouraged by your small stash, you can still piece beautiful quilt with the little you have. Creativity comes from those moments. Enjoy it!

Merry Christmas again! God blessed your time with your family and friends

See you in the New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...