Monday 17 February 2020

Stained Glass Flower

This is my first attempt at using a fusible quick bias to create a stained glass effect. The bias is 1/4 in and is easily fused on the background of your project.

I watched the ManSewing tutorial a few times before embarking on this new skill. You can download and print this free pattern directly from his site.  It's called Traditional Stained Glass.

 From this picture, you cannot see all the faults I've made, but there are there alright when you look closer.

 After I fused my flower pieces and stems, I ironed with down the fusible quick bias.  It is preferable to begin with the ones that will be under first. I use the Clover small ironing for this.

 Error #1: Fabric sticking out

 Error #2: pieces of fabric either to small or cut bias tails to short.

Error #3: Learn to make a smooth transition between the pieces.

These are a few tools I used for this project and are all listed in the MansSewing page.

Now that this little text is done, it time to go to something else.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...