Saturday 17 February 2018

Walking Foot Quilting


When Leah Day announced her next Block Party will be about Walking Foot Quilting, I couldn't resist but participated in at least one quilt from her book.

This was my first selection of fabrics only from my stash.

Even if this was nice, I wasn't completely satisfied and the end I purchased fabrics of red and green., The Batik I purchased, blended better with my stash.


 Here I've baste-sprayed my entire quilt, then stitched in the ditch with the walking foot. A foot I rarely used, if even! But doing it this way was an eye-opener for me. With my bigger quilts, I could stitch in the ditch, before free-motion quilter or walking foot quilting.


This was my first quilt with following a masking tape. So easy!


 The masking tapes was removed  after each line was completed done.



This was my first attempt to quilt an entire quilt with a walking foot. I'm sure to use this masking-tape technique with my walking foot more often now that I've learned it so well.

For further information on how to use your waling-foot, Rainbow pattern and tutorial go to The Free Motion Quilting Project, and pressed on the Machine quilting party 2018

 http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.ca/p/2018-machine-quilting-party.html

Thank you again Leah Day for another great tutorial on machine quilting:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...