Wednesday 23 September 2015

What's Up?

With summer ending earlier, I would have thought quilting would have been on the way by now, but to my amazement, it did not.  And my routine at home somewhat became crazier with a puppy to train during our short summer months.

We got him at the end of June, precisely a week after my birthday. He's cute, fast learner, and full of energy Training him and walking the dog twice a day as taking part of my days, but it was very pleasant to play a lot with him and make me forget the crappy summer we had.  And I kept him busy enough so he would destroy our house or the yard. I know that for a fact because he's my third puppy. *laugh*

Also with our lovely daughter from college, we've her paint the whole house for us, upstairs and downstairs for free rent, except for the bedrooms and bathroom as they were already painted.

September came to fast and almost gone, it was already time to pick my apples from our tree and make jellies and apple sauce with them.

Today I couldn't help, but make a batch of fresh homemade bread.  Oh...did I mentioned I'm writing a novel and love gardening too. Wow! That's doesn't leave much place to shop for fabric. Quilters are notorious to have more than one talent. *laugh*

If you found yourself like I, to busy at some point to even step in your sewing room, do not despair. Your UFOs will not forever be lost in a dark corner of your studio. A trick I found useful, is to write down your top ten projects and start focusing only on those.  It makes the years much more rewarding because you finished and started a few new ones.  If you attend many workshops throughout the year as I do, then reduce your list to five. Sometimes I carried my UFO in the following September. That's my starting time.

Last year I challenge myself to complete twelve projects. I didn't do it, but it really pushed me forward to finish some of them. When I write my list, I put it in the order of what I want to be done first and so on.

Here's an example:




Write your top ten  'should' be worked on or completed for this year. When you have your list, do not feel obligated to stick to it and certainly do not rushed through your beautiful projects just so you can check-marked a box.  Have fun learning new techniques and sharing the fun with others.

Quilter4Him




No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...