Monday 20 April 2015

Apple Core


At our last share-workshop from our guild, with skeptical thoughts and trepidation, I learned how to cut an apple core pattern from an AccuQuilt and sewed them together without pinning. Yikes!!


 Curves!  Something I avoided for years.

 
After my first precautious tentative to sew two pieces together than four, things were not looking so bad.  By gently pushing and/or pulling the right amount of fabric, my middle notches aligned and edge too and made a perfect apple core.

 After sewing in a group of fours, I sewed them in rows. My project was small, so not too overwhelming for my first attend with curves. I'll say that if you are a beginner at quilting or an over-pinner, this technique could end-up to be a challenge. Also, I, noticed my body shifted over to the right of my sewing machine in a crooked way and tension build in my shoulders. Just something to have in mind if you consider doing a longer quilt.



In the end, I loved the waving pattern it formed.




 The quilt is 52" x 52". It's a community quilt for Victim Services our guild is supporting.  Now that curves aren't a big deal, I want to make another one.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...